Thank you for your interest in a job at CFC!
We currently have the following positions available:
- Membership Outreach Representative (part time, evenings)
To apply for either position, please send your application to email@example.com. It should include a resume and a cover letter explaining which position you are applying for, your interest in this position, and how your skills and experience match the listed responsibilities and requirements. Please put your name and the job title in the subject of the email as well as in the attached file names. References from most recent jobs and salary history must be available upon request.
Membership Outreach Representative
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Portland, OR
Industry: Nonprofit, Conservation
Type: Part-Time, Evenings
We are currently looking for successful door-to-door fundraisers to join our canvassing team! We are a local environmental non-profit which protects and sustains forests, streams, wildlife & communities in the heart of the Cascades, through our work in conservation, education & advocacy.
The Membership Outreach Representative will represent the Cascade Forest Conservancy door to door, in public locations and by phone, in recruiting members, raising funds, and inspiring action on important conservation issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Canvass door-to-door, and/or by phone.
- Engage potential members in informative conversation.
- Overcome potential donors’ objections using polite, assertive reasoning and appeals.
- Persuade potential donors to financially support the Cascade Forest Conservancy’s programs.
- Carefully collect and document sensitive information used to process donations.
- Drive the canvass team to canvass locations on a rotating schedule. (Mileage is reimbursed.)
- Attend trainings and coaching sessions as needed.
- Assist as needed with teammate training and support.
- Stable wage of $12/hr.
- Generous bonus incentives.
- Hours: 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Be energetic, with strong communication skills, a proven work ethic, and a desire to proudly represent us door-to-door in the Portland metro area.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience dealing with the public, and/or customer service experience.
- Current driver’s license, and access to a car with valid insurance.
- Professional appearance and attitude toward your work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Use iPads to further the effectiveness of the CFC.
- Participate in all trainings and staff briefings, and seek on-going support as needed.
- Must be able to walk and stand for up to 5 hours per shift.