Thank you for your interest in a job at CFC!
We are currently looking for successful door-to-door fundraisers to join our canvassing team! We are a local environmental non-profit which protects and sustains forests, streams, wildlife & communities in the heart of the Cascades, through our work in conservation, education & advocacy.
The Membership Outreach Representative will represent the Cascade Forest Conservancy door to door, in public locations and by phone, in recruiting members, raising funds, and inspiring action on important conservation issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Canvass door-to-door, and/or by phone.
- Engage potential members in informative conversation.
- Overcome potential donors’ objections using polite, assertive reasoning and appeals.
- Persuade potential donors to financially support the Cascade Forest Conservancy’s programs.
- Carefully collect and document sensitive information used to process donations.
- Drive the canvass team to canvass locations on a rotating schedule. (Mileage is reimbursed.)
- Attend trainings and coaching sessions as needed.
- Assist as needed with teammate training and support.
- Stable wage of $12/hr.
- Generous bonus incentives.
- Hours: 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Be energetic, with strong communication skills, a proven work ethic, and a desire to proudly represent us door-to-door in the Portland metro area.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience dealing with the public, and/or customer service experience.
- Current driver’s license, and access to a car with valid insurance.
- Professional appearance and attitude toward your work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Use iPads to further the effectiveness of the CFC.
- Participate in all trainings and staff briefings, and seek on-going support as needed.
- Must be able to walk and stand for up to 5 hours per shift.
To apply, please email resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.