Thank you for your interest in a job at CFC!
We currently have the following positions available:
MEMBERSHIP OUTREACH ADVOCATE
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Portland, OR
Industry: Nonprofit, Conservation
Type: Part-Time, Evenings
The Mt. St. Helens area is facing increased threats from logging, mining and climate change. We need to make the public aware of these threats and get people involved in saving our National Forest from destruction.
If you’re an energetic individual who is passionate about the environment, enjoys working outside and meeting new people, we’d like to meet you. The Cascade Forest Conservancy is looking for someone like you to join us as a Membership Outreach Advocate! Channel your passion for the outdoors into action and make a difference with this exciting opportunity! We are a local environmental non-profit which protects and sustains forests, streams, wildlife & communities in the heart of the Cascades, through our work in conservation, education & advocacy.
The Membership Outreach Advocate will represent the Cascade Forest Conservancy door to door, in public locations, and by phone. You will play a key role in recruiting members, raising funds, and inspiring action on important conservation issues.
Wage: $13/hr plus opportunities for large biweekly bonuses
Hours: 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Canvass door-to-door and by phone.
- Maintain daily quota of $100 in donations/day.
- Engage potential members in informative conversation.
- Persuade potential donors to financially support the Cascade Forest Conservancy’s programs.
- Carefully collect and document sensitive information used to process donations.
- Drive the canvass team to canvass locations on a rotating schedule. (Mileage is reimbursed.)
- Attend trainings and coaching sessions as needed.
- Assist as needed with teammate training and support.
- Be energetic, with strong communication skills, a proven work ethic, and a desire to proudly represent us door-to-door in the Portland metro area.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience dealing with the public, and/or customer service experience.
- Current driver’s license, and access to a car with valid insurance.
- Professional appearance and attitude toward your work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Participate in all trainings and staff briefings, and seek on-going support as needed.
- Must be able to walk and stand for up to 4 hours per shift.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Explain which position you are applying for, your interest in this position, and how your skills and experience match the listed responsibilities and requirements. Please put your name and the job title in the subject of the email as well as in the attached file names. References from most recent jobs and salary history must be available upon request.